Gavin and Cooper

Friday, August 17, 2007

Big news

Hello to all! Hope this finds everyone doing well. I will continue from the last big post to get us caught up to the present. You will have to read all the way to the end to hear our BIG NEWS (and it is NOT what you are thinking)!!

After the beach, we went to visit with my grandmother Brown and what a great time it was. We went to the creek that I went to when I was a little girl that isn't far from grandma's house in Perdido, AL. We got some wonderful pictures that I know I will cherish forever!







We had the Brown family reunion on Sunday. This was the second year without my grandad so it wasn't the same, but it was good getting to visit with family we don't see too often. Here is a pic of our Brown family.


Cooper was completely exhausted one evening when I got home from work. I put him on his boppy to watch baby einstein while I made dinner and this is how I found him a few minutes later. So funny!


Gavin's 4th birthday was interesting. We had it on July 6th at Spring Park in Tuscumbia at the Water Pad. It thundered and lightnened almost the whole time. We had to finish up the party at our house and it was a mad rush to get everything loaded up in our vehicles. Gavin had a blast though, he didn't know any different. He was just excited to see his buddies!
What a face!!!






I love this picture of Cooper! He wrinkles his nose when he gets really excited and gives that big, irresistable smile. He is so much fun!!!


Watch out on the roads, here they come!



Celebrating Anna Kathleen Mahan (Anna Kate). For those of you who don't know, this is my dental partner and best friend. So, for me, Anna Kate is like my niece and I couldn't be more thrilled to meet that sweet baby girl! She is due to arrive in 2 weeks if not sooner! And we sure had a good time celebrating her arrival. Here are a few pics from the office party at our home.


Proud Mommy and Daddy




Bath time = Fun time. Cooper loves the bath. He just splashes and plays. We have floating drums and they enjoy playing and singing songs together.



We went to Point Mallard again this year with the preschool from our church. It was a fun and hot day! Cooper didn't make the trip this year because of his nap schedule and being so little. But, next year I think he will have a great time! Gavin was so tired he fell asleep when we were pulling out of the parking lot, spoon in hand. He was exhausted. And dumb Eric and I were sunburn because yes, we did not put sunscreen on :(




We had a Sunday School Fellowship at our house 2 weeks ago. We borrowed a big blow up slide from a friend and the kids had a ball. Even the little ones got in the baby pool. Eric and I are so fortunate to have such a great group of families to raise our kids with. We are all truly blessed.





We went to a concert this past Saturday to see Ernie Hausse and Signature Sound at Samford in Birmingham. It was a great time. Until intermission when Laura got a call that a close friend of hers, who I knew as well, was tragically found dead. She died from a blood clot. It has been a very emotional and eye opening week. It has really made me thankful for every moment with my boys. She had a 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. So very sad. Please keep them in your prayers. Something I learned from Kristin: Leave the dishes and housework, it will get done and go play with your children as much as possible. In the end that is all that matters.





Gavin's first day of Pre-K was this past Monday. He goes now everyday from 8-2:30. It will be a fun year for him. He was the first child to get to his classroom so he was a little bashful. His teachers are supposed to be phenomenal. Mrs. Charlotte and Mrs. Regina. It is hard to believe that next year he will be in Kindergarten!!!!




Kathy, who has kept Cooper since he was 6 weeks old, has been a true God send for our family. We are so thankful for her and all she does for us. We had dinner last night and celebrated her birthday. I don't know what we would do without her!



Eric had minor surgery on Wednesday. He had a lipoma removed from his knee (about 6 stiches) and a spot removed on his shoulder (15 stitches), so it has been a rough couple of days for him, but he is doing better everyday.

Okay, and now for what you have been waiting for. Our Big News: After 6 months of being dogless, we have an addition to the family coming the middle of September. A lab puppy. She is only 4 weeks old now, so we have to wait 4 more weeks. You can go to www.crimsonkennels.com to watch her progress. They post a new picture periodically and how much she weighs. She will probably be about 12 lbs when we bring her home. She is named Candy right now, but we are working on a name for her and as soon as we know, we will post it. I am really excited for the boys to have a sweet natured dog. Gavin is very excited about the new puppy as you can imagine and Cooper was giggling when I put her in his lap. These pictures are from last night when we met her in person for the first time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home